Too much to do, to little time to write, but after 48 weeks I can't stop now. So a collection of loose thoughts.
- Everyone needs a cofounder. More importantly you need a cofounder with a different perspective. How else can you have hard discussions.
- You're not pivoting as fast as you could be. We weren't.
- Ideas need time to gestate. That doesn't mean you sit around and waiting to see what hatches – do something else in the mean time.
- Excellent ideas can still be excellent ideas with a very small addressable market. It makes them no less excellent, it does however make them a poor business decision.
- If you don't know the addressable market, guess. Then divide by 1000. If it still looks attractive then maybe.
- Keep moving forwards.
- Ideas seed in unexpected ways. But you have to keep seeding ideas.
- You can always change your mind later.
- From the time you say – lets meet with some potential customers to the time that actually happens is 2 – 3 weeks minimum.
- All of this is an excuse to avoid cold calling.
- Money in the bank
- Good discussions
- Feels like lots of things are sparking around the place.
- I think point 3 above sums it up well.
Goal this week
- Client meetings
- Keep moving forwards